Thursday, May 10, 2012

TODAY WAS AWESOME!!!!!

I had such a great day today.

I did my paper and handed it in, so I just have a final to worry about. I am almost done with all my performances, and I am looking forward to getting my diploma and singing the National Anthem. I have to feel real honored. They could have asked Janine (a graduating soprano), Van (a graduating tenor), but they chose me. It is starting to sing in that I am blessed and highly favored. :-)

The concert tonight was AWESOME!!! IT WAS OFF THE CHAIN GOOD!!! I mean I love it because it was a nice concert, and it is the last time I will be singing in this chorus...unless I come back for a solo. We shall see. :-)

My two voice teachers sang, and they were awesome, but there was this mezzo-soprano and she was off the hook like really good. All I can say is that I am loving life.

I also saw Van today. He had a job interview and I hope he got it. The kids will keep me posted on that, and I promised to try to avoid reading his blog, so I just have facebook. I do miss hanging out with him, and being with him, but if he don't want me than that is ok. His loss...not mine. I got a lot of people just coming to me telling me what kind of man I am. Not that I need the outside confirmation, but I feel good.

A few people came up to me asking me what is wrong with Van. They said he just seems so blah, and kinda down. They were looking for words, and I mentioned did it seem like he had a dark cloud over his head. They said yeah... :(

He texted me when I told him this. He said it was determination. I'm inclined to agree. I do hope he gets the job...it'd do him good, and it would certainly be a blessing.

Now to get ready for school tomorrow. Got some work to do, and I got some classes to get ready for. I also have to stay around for the BA Voice Recital. It should be a good show...looking forward to it. :-)

Even my mom and Aunt are coming to show support to my friends...and I believe some of my friends are coming to show support. I have a great support system...another way I get blessed on the regular.

So my mom came and she loved it, and she loves the BFAs. She was even asking for Van Don wondering where he is. She wanted me to tell him that she expects to see him tomorrow, and she wants a giant hug and kiss when she sees him. What am I going to say to that??

Now to prepare for Stars. I am so happy that Van did my last dictation...I owe him like 2 years worth of food. Today was a memorable one...last chorus with the CCNY chorus. I will miss them sorely, and Tuesday is the last BFA recital as a CCNY BFA. End of one journey and on to the next.

Talk to you guys later. :-)

J-Bo

5 comments:

  1. Congrats man...hope to see you at the MET one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too damn positive and awesome...HAVE A BAD DAY FOR ONE IN YOUR LIFE!!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are really blessed man...keep going strong.

    never stop loving, learning, and going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Van is a total dick...he don't deserve you. Let him run scared and stupid

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your honesty and openness. You must be an awesome friend.

    ReplyDelete