Thursday, May 10, 2012

My President, My Country, My Life

I wanted to sound all special and extra on this one, but it isn't that serious. This post is just about what they people are saying about President Obama in regards to his views on same sex marriage. You know they are looking for any reason to tear this man apart. -_-

But my President is a strong man, and I pray he gets reelected. God is making a change in the world, and Obama is helping to open the minds and hearts of everyone.

President Obama said that he has gay staff that are in monogomous relationships, he has gay army, navy, air force, and marine soldiers at his control that fight and die for this country everyday. He said he felt wrong saying that they didn't have the right to be married, when they contribute as much as other Americans.

His daughters have gay friends and classmates at school who come from same-sex households. He felt that how can he tell his children that they don't deserve to be married to be together, when they lead the same lives we lead.

There are gays and lesbians everywhere even in the Republican party. The person running against Obama, Romney, had a gay employee who was out and open and in a relationship and working hard and well on his cause employed. When Obama said he feels personally that they should be allowed to married, this citizen that was always the same person got fired, because the Republicans wanted to make a point.

Sad that we are still a bigot filled, racist, and prejudice nation. God please help us all.

That reminds me of a convo that I had with a pastor in COGIC last night. He said that in every church there are on average 2-3 gay people and they hold a position. They are the pastors, choir directors, musical directors, preachers, deacons, they are Sunday School teachers. The only thing is that they keep it secret...they are from all ages and backgrounds.

My question is, is that fair...is it fair that these people are doing the Lord's work and are doing a great job, but they live in fear and shame. I know a few that are married just to keep eyes off of themselves, and they are miserable.

How is it that one minute you can be called to ministry, and be a man or woman of God, but yet if you are gay then somehow that negates everything? How is that even right? If God called you then you are called, and no man should have anything to say about it?

I favor long term committed relationships...for me personally. I used to be fast, and God saved me from death and every disease out there. He blessed me with a perfect and awesome love, but that is not going as well as I would have liked. But everything in God's time...I just put it in God's hands, and I do my part.

How much longer, before people stop hurting themselves and each other. My pastor friend even told me that there are people who want the truth to come out, but the church is an interesting thing. Just like how Obama is the head of the Free World and he is making a stand and being strong and brave, we all need to follow suit.

All church leaders in all denominations need to do the same. Interestingly some are already doing this. Keeping gay men and women close to them, and promoting people to certain positions. I have an in with a certain African American Pentecostal church, so I get a lot of insight. If people only knew all the things and people who hold office, and they say are blessing them, they would see something different.

But one minute the people that are blessing you are the same people, but when you see that instead of girls they like boys, and something is wrong with them...how is that God? People don't think about these things...they just accept.

President Obama you had my vote from the beginning, but seeing this growth and maturity coming from you is wassup. Love to meet you one day.

J-Bo

P.S. Just like with women rights, and African American rights...a change is coming. God is working. This is bringing tears to my eyes, because what is going on right now with Van and I is because of the gay issue. I hope no one has to go through this anymore, and the next generation can enjoy a better life. 






No comments:

Post a Comment