Monday, June 4, 2012

There is nothing that cannot be accomplished...

I am sitting at home watching tv, and the story of this girl comes up.

I will show you guys the clip in a minute.

Watching this girl talk about her story made me sad, and made my father very angry. He was ready to adopt the girl into the family. :-)

There are so many people out there scared to do things, and all they want is the support of their family. I am so lucky and blessed that I have that. And because I have that I can give out to so many people who don't.

This story reminds me of Dishone...my friend who is trying to find his place, but is lost. He is doing better, and at least his mom and sister support him. He is going to be ok.

This story also makes me think of Van...he told me his brother wants to dance, and is being given grief over it. This is nothing new...this seems to be the way life is for them. You can do anything in the world...as long as it is on a list of pre-approved careers.

I just don't know what to say to that...in my house and for me personally that doesn't fly. I do what I want with my life...because it is my life.

Van is starting to see that for himself, but his siblings and cousins already got the message...they are not looking to be around their family. They are looking to get away and do their own thing.

Oh yeah before I forget I didn't get to see him today. He called a rain check, because it was pouring out by him. I am normally annoyed by it because he is always pushing me to the back, but honestly I have stuff to do and it isn't a big deal.

That and I also know that he had a long day today and a long one tomorrow. I also really wanted some alone time with him...just me and him. He is talking about getting some gelato which sounds weird and I am sure I am allergic to it.

So he wants to do that, but I am not down for the cause. I cannot go into an allergic shock just to make him happy. :-)

Is it bad that I wish him and his brother were switched...that he had the escape and his brother didn't. Not that I don't think he could handle it, but because I think his brother would make his family pay and he would do his own thing...and Van can stand strong now, but it would be easier if he was gone.

Lemme go...got to get ready for tomorrow. 

BTW remember my young kid I was helping...he is doing much better and he wants to share his story with you guys so I will let him. Should be in a while or maybe tomorrow...not sure.

Here is the video.

J-Bo


No comments:

Post a Comment