Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Something I Just Realized

So I am sitting here on campus thinking about the next steps. One of them is of course grad school. I do want to get many masters, but I was thinking about getting a masters of course in vocal performance and opera...why stop with the great training I am currently getting.

The thing is that I started looking at a few of the courses and what is being offered and promised.

I realized that I am not only getting Grad School level experience now, but I am creating my own program.

It's like I am part of a opera program. Thanks to this and many other opera companies I can develop the skills that I would in school, but get paid and apply them to my career now and get further.

It's funny. Never thought of it before, but I am getting what I want, just without the piece of paper.

I am feeling good where I am.

I have 2 great vocal technicians in my corner, and a vocal coach who works with MET singers everyday. I am also blessed to be connected to a top vocal therapist who works with many of the top singers in all genres who will work with me.

I just have to add a ENT to the equation, and I think I know who I want. All singers want him, but he cost money. That never stopped me before of course. I am very resourceful. ;-)

So I am getting my education in the real world, and thus I am very happy with myself.

The thing is that I am so damn stressed out. So much to do that it isn't even funny. I am feeling overwhelmed. I'll be happy when this opera is over and I can work more fully on my other projects.

So expect an update later.

I haven't gotten my songs to the producer yet...so not good. But I am working on them...I'll get them in ASAP!!

I have some big things in the works so expect some great news. Of course it will be down played to protect the identities of some people, but that is ok. Just know that I respect my privacy and I will still share what I can when I can.

J-Bo

No comments:

Post a Comment