Thursday, May 9, 2013

Prayer

There is biblical and also anecdotal proof that God speaks and works in the silence.

There is a song that brings this to my mind, that I have only ever heard sung by one of my musical idols (and by idol I mean someone I look up to, cause some of you are quick to attack and point fingers).

I have to get back to this opera and Italian...I also have to get back to this other work, but I wanted to share this cause it came across my desk.



Once Mother Theresa was asked
what she said when she prayed.

She answered that
she didn’t say anything,
she listened.

When asked what God said to her,
she said that God didn’t say anything;
He listened back.

She added that if you didn’t understand,
she couldn’t explain it further.

God speaks in the silence of the heart.
Listening is the beginning of prayer.

~~Mother Theresa

J-Bo

No comments:

Post a Comment