Thursday, April 26, 2012

My cousin and his husband...

I just wanted to throw a quick post about my cousin and his husband. I am not sure for how long they have been married, but they are both happy and have come a long way. I know that his husband is very much like Van...that he came a long way and been through a lot to feel comfortable with himself.

I see their post on facebook and to see them happy and together brings hope to my eyes. They really made a life for themselves. I am going to visit Atlanta again soon, and hang out with them. They keep telling me about this awesome Pentecostal church...I think it is non-denom, but I am not sure. I am always good for a good service. Hope the music is on point... :-)

Right now they are at the movies watching Think Like a Man, and Act Like a Lady. I wanted to see that with Van, but I am sure it maybe too much for him...maybe if we sit on opposite sides of the theater. We were also suppose to go watch The Lucky One...that is a big love story movie so I am sure he will have a problem with that...we would definitely have to sit on opposite sides of the theater, and leave separately.

That is a bit much, but funny to think about. I hate the separation, but it is what it is. I just need him to think I don't care at all. I have been getting really good at hiding my emotions and desires. That day we spoke I kept it together. Now that I think about it I maybe over him...I think I am. If he was to ever say anything I would be able to cut him off and turn him away...I PUT MY FOOT DOWN!!!! :-)

J-Bo

P.S. This story makes me think of him. And it is inspirational for myself.

"one day can change everything"
Many choose to believe that just because they have experienced so much in their lifetime, and because their life is and has always been a certain life, that one day can't change everything. Though it is much easier to hold on to the past and who you used to be, we must all realize that with one moment we can create a new beginning for ourselves if it is truly inside of us to do so.

In life we are permitted to do whatever our own minds allow us to do, and we have to understand that everyday and in every waking second, we have a chance to start a new beginning, a chance to start with a clean slate and work towards the things that our most in our hearts.

Don't waste time worrying about yesterday, your past is your past and will always be so. Worry about the present, who you are now, and who you will eventually become, and live it!

No comments:

Post a Comment