Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tolerance Vs. Acceptance

This goes out on all issues. LGBT Rights, black rights, and more. Sorry I cannot be more specific and expound, but I am hanging on fumes.

I NEED SLEEP!!! Time for a nap!!!

Looking forward to the Celebration of Gospel, The Sheards (gospel/church family reality tv), and the ACM (Academy of Country Music Show).

I am going to stick with the two topics I spoke about above cause they are the closest to me...also religious/spiritual rights.

I believe like Jesus we should tolerate all views that are different than ours. Now obviously the stuff that damages and can kill, hurt, destroy don't fall under this. Such as drunk driving, drugs, pedophilia, bestiality, rape, murder, etc.

I personally believe that tolerance is coming more and more for LGBT people and it is still a battle for equal rights for black people. Let's not lie...things are better, but far from equal. We are still tolerated more than accepted in some circles.

That goes back to my issue. I think a lot of LGBT people want to be just accepted with whole hearted abandon. I think that they have to understand that it is a process.

People think that the LGBT community wants to redefine marriage...I think that it is more an issue of the definition of Holy Matrimony which is a religious thing...marriage is a social thing.

We have to understand that some people will never accept us or even themselves, so why force them? Why fight battles with people who are dedicated to staying in a box and not growing. Leave them to God and move on.

I know people accept me more than they tolerate me, but that is more because of something I cannot explain. My Bulgarian friend has told me that her whole family has fallen in love with me. They actually sing the greatness of Me. I don't know why, but they say from pictures and from hearing my voice they can tell.

I just thank God for whatever it is. I've always been like this and people have always shown this.

Tolerance vs. Acceptance...what do you think?

J-Bo

No comments:

Post a Comment