Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Very Unique Problem

So I have a little unique problem.

I am making money and started a business, but I feel stuck. The problem I am having is that it isn't a real business...it's a self employed business. I mean it is way better than being an employee, but still I have a very unique problem.

I have a business, but it is not one that I like...not one that I care about.

Lemme change that. I do care about what I am doing...ultimately I am helping and providing a service to these parents and kids. I just don't like the business model I am using.

I am no better than a CPA, doctor, or attorney. My income is in direct proportion to the amount of work I put in. The only thing is that no one tells me when and where to be someplace. So instead of relying on Gap for a paycheck I am in control of my own financial life.

That part is cool. But that is also the problem. Lemme put it the way I plan on building my music career.

As a performer I am technically self employed. I go out and drum up my own business. I sign contracts with venues, companies, and more. If I don't perform then I don't make any money. That is why recording artist collect the majority of their money on touring...the same goes for all music artist in all genres.

I get paid for every gig that I do, and that means arenas as well as opera concert halls. If I don't sing then my income dries up.

If I was a doctor it'd be the same way...I make money as long as I see patients, keep cutting ppl open, keep giving drugs, etc.

On the other side of things the reason why I am into songwriting and producing is because I can write a song one time and if it is a hit or on a hit album whenever it gets performed in any media I get paid.

Whether it is a club, bar, elevator, radio, etc. The same for a producer...PASSIVE INCOME!!!!

Right now I am getting income, but it is all based on my back. I mean this country/world is falling apart financially. The truth is that the gap between the haves and have nots is so wide that it is crazy.

It is very true that my parents will not have enough to keep their current standard of living as they retire. Right now we are upper middle class, but when they retire they will be living life in the poor bracket.

Not because they did something wrong so to speak...just the way it is. Standard of living is increasing and most people will need more money as they get older...not less.

So that is something on my back...I know what I have to do. I gotta be that support for them.

So bottom line I am not liking the self employed thing...at least a total self employed. I love to perform and getting paid for that is nothing short of awesome. That and I love to know I am getting a paycheck for my work...I just don't want my life to depend on that.

So my plans is to transition as much as possible from a self-employed entrepreneur to a business owner and investor.  To join the ranks of the super rich and wealthy...I have my plan in place.

Let the games begin!!!!!

J-Bo

P.S. I know who holds tomorrow. BLESSINGS GALORE!!!!!!!!! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment