Monday, April 8, 2013

One God...Many Paths? I think so.

So I am a Christian.

Duh. :-D

I know some of you are wondering where I am going with this. Well allow me to get right to the heart of the matter. I love God...I love Jesus. I love all that God has created me to be. Now some of you are wondering what this has to do with the title of this post.

Well lemme shine some light for all of you. I believe that there is truly only one God. That there is no one other plain and simple. Now through talking with, studying, reading, and just having open honest discussion with my friends I see that there are more than one way to get to God.

I mean if you really stop and look everyone is talking about the same thing, but using different language. It is as simple as semantics. Look at the Karma, which is the same thing as the Law of Reciprocity, and from the biblical point of view it is the Law of Reaping and Sowing. All of these are the same thing, but they come from different places.

Think about it as getting from China to New York. There are thousands...probably hundreds of thousands of ways to get there. No one way is wrong and no one way is right. It is just the way that brings you joy. That is essentially the difference between Religion and Spirituality.

Now some Christians would have a problem with this and attack me with scripture. I mean they are so good at it. :-)

Here is the one they use to attack me: "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to Father except through me." ~ John 14:6 (NIV)

They usually grin with the satisfaction of the best villians of history...like they have just crushed me. I of course have to decide my next move. I can either continue and show the truth and depth or leave them alone.

It's a 50/50 situation. Some people aren't worth the trouble. The ones who I feel are open to at least learning a deeper meaning I tell them that when they read the whole context of that scripture they will see that Jesus is actually talking to a disciple. Someone who has doubts and fears...it's as if I was to ask Jesus that question and he give me that answer. As a Christian I already know.

So how does this work with other faiths and religions? I am glad you asked?

"I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd." ~ John 10:16

This to me means that there are people of other faiths/religions that are not particulary Christian. Jesus says in the next sentence that he will bring them also. They will hear his voice and come. I truly believe that Jesus came to form one church of a spiritual foundation and relationship.

Not the religious mess we have today. I mean 30,000+ Christian denominations?!?!?!?!?! Something ain't right.

That is why when you look past all the doctrine and rules and get to the heart of the matter you find Jesus in everything. I mean before Jesus was born in every religion God has been speaking and working. It just so happens that we have only one account...the Judeo-Christian account...and to think that is all God has to offer is something to devalue my savior...at least in my eyes.

But I don't get to mad...most of the people who are quick to fight and stick their heads in the sand and believe the sky is falling are the ones who don't even read the bible and they damn sure don't study it. They only want their fact to fall into their lap from a pastor or preacher who hardly do any studying themselves.

Smh...

So yes I believe Jesus is the way into the Kingdom of Heaven, but there are many ways to Jesus. I serve an awesome God...I always said that God doesn't have the problem...we do. People have the issues when things happen outside of our comfort zones and what we feel it should be. People like putting God into a box right along with them...yet say they believe in an all powerful God. Crazy.

Well anyway I want to leave you guys with some great music I heard last night!!!! :-D

God Bless y'all.

J-Bo



No comments:

Post a Comment