Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sunday School & 1st Sunday: Great Times

This is going to be short since I have 3 main ideas that I want to get out, and I want to do them in 3 different post.

This one is all about church today. I haven't been in Sunday School in like forever and I got a chance to be in service today that was OFF THE CHAIN!!!!!

The main message of today is no matter whether the pastor says it, the preacher says it, or whomever. Learn the word for yourself.

Get the word in you. Don't just read it...well just read it if you are starting out, but after that you should go deeper. There is reading and there is studying...make sure you do both.

Studying is obvious more work, but so worth it.

Some people get this through Sunday school, and Bible Study. The problem is that there are people who haven't put in the work teaching from their own point of views. This wouldn't fly in any other area of expertise: Finance, Business, Investments, Medicine, Science, Etc.

So the bottom line is to become a scholar. And to realize that it takes time to get it done right. It is an every expanding increasing endeavor. Just like in Science and Medicine we are always learning, doing, and growing more...the same thing happens in God's word.

That is why there is an ever increasing need to study and find yourself approved. To seek answers and further expounding.

J-Bo

P.S. You guys would not believe it but people have been referring to me as a spiritual/religious thought leader. Funny how Van would always say I was meant to preach. I think he used the only language he had at the time to describe what he felt and saw...I don't think I am preaching. More teaching...but it is what it is. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment