Sunday, April 21, 2013

Just What I Needed

So the past 24 hours have been nothing but a blessing.

I wasn't going to go into the city and hang out with my friends. I was not in the mood, and wasn't looking forward to the drive there and back. I knew that I had to get the car back, b/c I took the e-z pass and I know my mom was going to need it.

Anyway my friends and I went out last night to dinner. We went to BBQs near Central Park on the West Side.

Lemme just say that we took over the place. We were the loudest group, most fun group, most eccentric. It was fun considering that I didn't drink at all. (Had to drive and I don't play no games)

So it was fun catching up on what was going on in people's lives and I was the center of attention cause the last time we were there I kinda showed my ass and was extra. Not really my fault.

Blame It On The GOOSE!!!!! LMAO!!!!

But one of my friends even had the courage to come out and ask me what my sexuality was and I told him. I said all anyone had to do was ask. I was bisexual and very proud. They love me regardless and it was so good getting it out.

Of course I have to assume that he told all of them...which is why I told him. He is good for that so it took the pressure off of me. :-)

Another highlight was when we started talking about going to church in the morning, and someone broke out with Jesus On The Mainline. We started singing and clapping and doing it perfect harmony.

It reminds me now of the time when Van, myself, and 3 other BFA members. We all sang Amazing Grace around the table and it was so fun and cool. We all, minus Van, started singing an old school song and in the end ended up in perfect harmony.

I know it was perfect cause Van lit up and was so happy he was bouncing off the walls. So we had his seal of approval. :-D

Then I drove them all to the next spot...a dance club. I was tempted to stay, but I knew I wanted to get on the road, and get this stuff back to my mom...ASAP. So I didn't stay too long with them and headed home.

I missed service cause I slept right through my alarm. But I that doesn't mean I wasn't getting fed spiritually. I got something that was right what I needed. God keeps showing me more, and pushing me further and faster.

I am on the ride of my life.

I want to leave you all with this quote cause it is so true.

"The privilege of a lifetime is to be who you are" 
~ Joseph Campbell

"We are not looking for the meaning of life, but the experience of being alive." 
~ Joseph Shore

"Follow your bliss. What makes you most happy and what puts you in service is where God is."

J-Bo

P.S. Now my friends believe that BFA is some sort of Gang...which I guess it is. The classically trained vocal students gang...that also sing other styles. I love my BFA family so much.

P.P.S. Also had a long conversation about Van with someone and had to defend him. Been awhile since that happened, but I don't have any malice towards him. He is only doing what he has been taught and conditioned to do. He is doing what he feels is right for him...can't blame him for that. I'm still on his side.

P.P.P.S. I forgot how magnetic that I can be. I mean I on purpose cause I didn't wanna go out anywhere after dinner. I wanted to go home, but when I walked into the restaurant and also dealing with my friends it was so different. I gotta explore this further.

P.P.P.P.S. Things are heating up...God is moving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment