Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Purpose of Life...well mine at least.

I want to start and end off with these quotes:

"Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of everyday. Do it! I say, Whatever you want to do, do it now. Whatever you want to do, do it now. There are only so many tomorrows."
-Michael Landon

"Some people do nothing more than to move the dirt used to cover their bodies."
-Unknown


So I have had some time to think about what is my purpose and what it is that I want my life to be? What do I want to leave behind?

Before I begin and get to the meat and potatoes of my post I want to say how nice it is to spend time with Aaron and Dishone. All is missing is Steve and then all will be well after that. Well work has to be done, but that is the easy part. Nothing is unacheivable as long as it is follows certain rules.

Anything can be acheived and anything has. As long as you are not trying to do the impossible like become black if you are white, or look East for a Sunset, or try to become gay if straight. Somethings are as they are and that is it.

Another example is that the Earth is not flat, and that the Earth is not the center of the universe.

 But it is so nice to be here with them, and then they bring up Van wanting him to get past this and just come into himself. They say they miss him, and want him to be real. If he has to put on a face for certain people fine, but they want that he be himself and put down his guard and just let him flow around those he feels safe around...us.

I cannot lie being here with Dishone and Aaron has me missing Van real bad. I mean just to have him lay on my chest again, and to have me touch him and he push my hands away calling me nasty. Then he would turn around and go to the next step right away. Also with Aaron and Dishone being here he's feel the need to put on a lil show.

I mean just hearing them go back and forth and just have fun with each other. I really do miss him. I already know that no one can compare to him. He has to get past this and until he does nothing I can do. I could help him get past this now rather than later...oh well.

I cannot force the help and force his eyes and mind to be open. Only God can do that.

Enough about matters of the heart...or at least in this capacity. Now it is time to talk about other things.

What it is that I feel my purpose is and how I came to that answer. It is really cool.

We all want to do and accomplish things not so much for the thing or goal to be accomplished, but for the feelings that they will give us. For example you want to be rich not for the money, but because it will make you feel powerful, safe, free, etc.


The first thing to do is with your eyes closed, remember when you were 5, 6, 7, or any age old. What did you want to be when you grew up? Why did you want to be that? What feeling did you hope it would give you?

For me here is a list of some of the things I can remember that I wanted to be growing up:
  1. Archeologist
  2. Cop/Military Man
  3. Doctor
  4. Singer
  5. Rich/Wealthy
  6. Business Owner
  7. Zoologist/veternarian
  8. Dancer
  9. Actor
  10. Astronaut
  11. Priest/Pastor/Preacher
  12. Superhero
  13. Wizard
  14. President of the USA
So here is why I wanted to be those things in the same order...some of them will be the same.

  1.  I wanted to travel the world and explore new things, and share them with people. I wanted to be the person who was known for finding and sharing rare beauties with the world. 
  2. I wanted to help those who couldn't help themselves. I wanted to be symbol of strength and justice. When people felt like they had nowhere and no one to turn to I could and would be there.
  3. I wanted to heal people. I wanted to take something broke and be one of the many instruments to fix it. I wanted to be a healer both proactive and reactive. Someone that heals mind, body, heart, and spirit.
  4.  I wanted to use my voice and my art to reach people. To be on stage or CDs and just give to people. To let my music and melodies touch the hearts and minds of people...to give a voice to what people are feeling and thinking.
  5. I wanted to be rich/wealthy to do what I want, when I want, where I want, how I want, when I want, with whomever I want...plain and simple. :-)
  6. Look at the one above please.
  7. I wanted to be a zoologist because I loved the majesty and difference that came from the animal kingdom. Every creature is unique, special, different, and they are right. I wanted to be in charge of making sure that each different and special animal was taken care of and appropriately represented.
  8. Same as Singer, but with dance
  9. Same as Dancer, but with Actor
  10. Same as archeologist 
  11. I wanted to be a healer of men's souls and destinies. To be someone that had a deep personal relationship with Jesus and was able to share that with people. To help people find out who God is for them, and live their own lives in conjunction with Jesus. To really develop and share the characters of Christ.
  12. Are you serious...why do you think?!?!?!
  13. Look above please. :-)
  14. I wanted to affect this great nation and the world in moving forward and stopping as much injustice and harm as possible.
What are the feelings that I was hoping it would give me?

--adventure, excitement, pride, connection, and significance, justice, hope, peace, the right to defend myself and others, love, passion, contribution, growth, intimacy, kind, hopeful, optimistic, respect, honor, being in love.

I thought of sometimes that I was on a roll, where things flowed effortlessly. Where I felt the emotions and feelings that I notated above.

So after someone does what I did above the next step is to take these steps.
  1. With your eyes closed think about a time when you were really on a roll, where things flowed effortlessly. What were you doing, feeling, experiencing?
  2. Think of another time you were on a roll, where you felt, "This is what life's about." What was happening? What were you doing, how were you feeling? were other people involved? How were you being and what were you doing? Capture not only the idea, but the feeling as well.
  3. Think of a third time when you felt incredible. Notice what you were doing, creating, sharing, feeling.
Now write down your purpose. Write a simple phrase, a sentence or two. It doesn't have to be perfect the first time. Keep brainstorming, writing several until you find the one that feels right.

Your purpose statement must:
  1. Be stated in the positive
  2. be brief
  3. include "emotionally charged" words
  4. Tell how you're going to be, what you're going to do
  5. Include yourself and others
  6. Be achievable in your lifetime
  7. Be able to be experienced every day
  8. Make you happy...really very happy!!!
  For example my purpose is to serve God and to serve others. To contribute to the world, and leave a legacy that will last long after I am done. To give love, respect, and more everyday and receive the same. To look at the examples that Christ has left, and embody as many as possible.

Sorry for being so long...I will try not to be so long winded, but I wanted to get this out and give you guys the tools to do the same.

J-Bo

"Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of everyday. Do it! I say, Whatever you want to do, do it now. Whatever you want to do, do it now. There are only so many tomorrows."
-Michael Landon

"Some people do nothing more than to move the dirt used to cover their bodies."
-Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment