Saturday, July 14, 2012

Dizzy

Had a great talk with one of my best friends Nora.

She was asking me advice, and in the mean time while helping her she was helping me. It is so funny how things like this happen. :-)

She talked about how her job is going great, but she wants to be out of the city (only because she is living home and wants to be on her own). I told her a lot of people are moving right outside the city and making it work...even upstate and New Jersey.

She has a man that loves her, but isn't stepping up to the plate on somethings she feels is necessary. She is being a little extreme and I am helping her to see that.

She is also a lil mad that he hasn't formally proposed already...she said they are basically married already, but she wants a real engagement ring and a real proposal.

While talking to her it makes me think of Van. I told her that even though her man might not be everything she thought she should have, and everything that she shouldn't jump to conclusions.

She had an idea from how she was raised and her life so far of the kind of man she would marry and be with.

I was thinking about Van...how on paper I knew he was the worst person to be with. I mean he comes from a controlling family that wanted to direct his life moves, and didn't want him to do what he wanted when he wanted.

He came from a religious family that was very conservative, yet only the old ones really. He comes from a place where he was taught how and what to think.

I mean I know that these are some of the ingredients for a man that unless he makes the decision is going to be stuck only going so far.

But something happened...I was hooked. Some how and some way he got through my defenses and I fell in love with him.

What is even more funny was that he fell in love with me.

I just look and think of all the people out there in these relationships and having horrible times. Some of them are treated horribly, some like they are nothing, etc.

I am sitting her smiling at my time with Van. I mean we have had some serious ups and downs...but in the grand scheme of things we haven't had any real bad times, but only great times.

I know now that I am so serious in that I will always be in love with Van. He will always hold a special place in my heart...no man or woman can ever come and take his place.

Just finished talking to Dishone and Aaron. Both of them are making me so proud...I remember when they came to me telling me they looked up to and loved my relationship with Van. Even Steve said that and he doesn't respect any relationships really.

I had something blessed and good...

Now I am focused on getting my business together, and making some serious moves. I have till September to move out of my house and not move with my parents. That means I have to hustle my behind off...but I am looking forward to it.

So I am off to my uncle's birthday party...going to party with the Bajan side of the family today. Even though my uncle is the only Yankee in the family. He knows how to party hard!!!! :-)

Off I go...long drive ahead of me. I wish everyone a great Saturday, and I will update tomorrow on everything.

J-Bo

No comments:

Post a Comment