Saturday, June 1, 2013

Last Performance of the Season

So last night was performance number 3.

I got there in just enough time to change my clothes and run on. No warm up no nothing. So for the first act I was kinda off, but I still think I did well.

My girl who is also in the opera with me showed up late too. She had her graduation today and went home to sleep after and overslept. She didn't go on with the women's first performance. They said as soon as they got off that they missed her voice. That it was lacking something without her. Told her, her voice is something special.

Also found out that one of my voice teachers came to the very first performance. She was not impressed. Not that I blame her...the first show was very very rough. She left early. I have to find out what was the nail in the coffin.

So we did the show and it went ok.

My stamina is way better than I thought it was going to be. I think I could easily do a 90 minute show now...of course with some serious work.

Things are coming together.

I am learning the skills, tools, and mindset needed to get out there and do what I am meant to do.

The next post should be about the final performance and what I did with the cast afterwards. That should be fun.

But God has been working on me something serious, and my calling has been revealed to me more and more. My purpose for being here. My heart song so to speak. :-)

I cannot wait to share that one...it is so easy now that I see it. I've been operating in it since I've been old enough to walk and talk. For as long as I can remember.

And it has nothing to do with the profession that I am choosing or anything like that. Professions/careers are the vehicle that you can exercise your calling and purpose...not the other way around.

J-Bo

No comments:

Post a Comment