Sunday, June 9, 2013

Am I Wrong??

So today after church I find myself a little vexed.

Lemme explain...service today was wonderful. I learned something, music was on point, and I feel like I have more direction and motivation in areas where I might not have had in the past.

So for that I am happy I went to church today.

My problem is that 2/3 of my best friends are so letting me down. They aren't keeping there words. They are just not being the best they can be. But then again maybe they are. Maybe my expectations are yet again too high.

Smh.

So I am so tired of putting time, energy, care, and strength into people who don't seem to want to do the same. I am a great man and I deserve better. I deserve the best. I shouldn't let people treat me like that.

I am going to stop giving my best to those who don't appreciate it. That doesn't mean I will stop caring and loving people just gotta recognize some deserve it and some don't. Those that don't get it only when they make a request.

I won't go above and beyond anymore for people who won't do the same for me.

Raising myself to another level!!!

The other thing that bothered me was when I was trying to find a song for my friend D to make his solo appearance in church. He has been asked to sing many times and because of fears and nerves always said no.

But the boy can SANG!!!! SO I decided to lend myself and help him out.

Here is the problem. Apparently my church don't want any songs done, even inspirational, if you cannot find scripture in them. Now that may not seem to be a problem but it is.

I was thinking of great songs like "Take Me To The King", "Home", "I Believe I Can Fly" (mainly an inspirational song), and a number of other songs. For a second I felt that the only songs I could choose were songs by Isreal Houghton since just about everything he sings and does has scripture references...him and Donald Lawrence.

Here is my confusion.

All gospel and most inspirational songs have been inspired by scripture and stories of the bible. There is not one song that is sung by a gospel or christian artist that I cannot find at least 5 scriptures to back it up.

So to me my Bishop's views on the type of songs they choose is weird to me. I just don't know the reasoning...

I understand that they want everything to be scripture based, but is it that they want it to be obviously scripture based so no one can say anything about it??

So many questions...so many concerns.

Nothing makes sense in that regard.

It is just like someone saying they don't want to sing a song by Tonex aka Brian Slade in church because he is gay. -_-

Well that takes out most gospel artist today and yesterday.

Not to mention all gospel music has either been performed, sung by, recorded by, played by, written by, produced by someone who is LGBT. I mean these people are the kingdom of God.

Ignorance.

I won't stand for it.

Now to cook some stew chicken and maybe some white rice to keep it simple.

My daddy is coming home on Friday and I need to make sure I have some shit in order to minimize his bitching cause Lord knows he's good for it. :-P

Until next time.

J-Bo

No comments:

Post a Comment