Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Impromptu Performance

So my day was jam packed full of stuff.

The important things were that I was able to help my voice teacher move all her boxes into her house all at one time. That was my main priority for getting into the city today,

The next thing was the last minute decision to pick up my niece and have her spend time with me. She was crying on the phone cause she was going to someone elses' house and she wanted to come with me.

So I picked her up and she is with my mom and dad now sleeping. Tomorrow I gotta find things for her to do so she can have fun. Thinking a nature hike and a swim in the pool. That should be fun.

Btw my mother got a new car and we were driving that today. When my niece saw the car she immeidiately asked if that was my friend. I was stuck and couldn't think about who she was talking about. I forgot that my ex would pick her up in the same car.

I am surprised she remembered that. She cannot remember his name, but she remembers things. Hmmm

Anyway then my friend D called me with a crisis and needed out of his house cause he was having problems with his father and brother. So I told him to come over to school and wait with me and we can go.

While we were waiting a friend from the school's gospel choir stopped me and we talked and he told me about a band that he started and they were having rehearsals. So of course he asked me to come and started telling his co-workers that I am a beast of a man with a voice to match.

I told him to stop lying.

So I went with D and my niece and it was like a show. The boy has gotten so good and his songs are so good. Then he calls me up and we make magic happen. I throw D up there and of course he was nervous, but he sang out after awhile.

Going to have to take him to karaoke and make him sing more so he can learn to deal with his nerves. It's the only way.

But we are now all in my house and it is peaceful and quiet. While we were coming in we could see the night sky being lit up with lightening. That isn't even the best of it though. I remember a time when there were so many stars in the sky it was breath taking. Then there were streaks of lightning stabbing the sky.

That was something.

That is the memory I go to sleep with. The beautiful starry night sky and a force of nature ripping through the sky.

Time for bed...got things to do tomorrow and with my niece and D here it isn't going to be easy to get done cause I gotta play host and uncle.

J-Bo

No comments:

Post a Comment