Thursday, January 24, 2013

It shouldn't be me...

So I got 1 girl so far, and 5 other people aready to pay me between $40 and $80/hr on lessons on how to sing.

I feel weird doing it, but they want what I have so why not right.

The other thing that they are looking for that I find weird that I can help them with (kinda sorta) is that a few of them work in the church. They want me to teach them how to conduct and work with a choir.

Now I haven't led or taught a choir in YEARS!!!! So I am feeling kinda apprehensive, but I am sure that I can make something happen...actually I know I can.

I was about to refer them to Van for this service, and have him teach that part. But nothing I can do about that...

My knowledge is limited to major choirs in the classical and white christian churches. I have some experiences with Gospel choirs, but not a lot. I think the ratio is 8 years to 2 years. I know it is all the same thing, but with Gospel music I feel that if you are not careful you can end up damaging a lot of voices, and I don't want to do that.

But I am being called for a reason...God is working so lemme just walk in it.

Now I just finished dealing with D and A and their drama...I cannot stand them complaining about what they have. I mean it is crazy...but they made up already. I wonder if Van and I fought and argued like that. :-)

Good times.

J-Bo

No comments:

Post a Comment