Saturday, January 19, 2013

A memorable day...to say the least!

So today was a pretty full Saturday. I had rehearsal for a MLK church service tomorrow. I decided to sing Precious Lord since it was MLK's favorite hymn and Aretha sang it for him on a number of occasions. So it was interesting. I went in there and immediately took control.

I told the director that I had a vision for what I wanted. I told him to take all the effects out of the piano and just give me straight up gospel free form. I told him to follow me...took us about 1 minute to find a nice groove, but it worked.

I was going to sing it acapella, but just in case I want him to go ahead and play a little interlude for me it will be nice. The people that were there heard me sing and they were blown away. I am happy that they liked it so I am just hoping that tomorrow turns out well. We will see.

I also hung out with my one of my best friends and his wife today...we watched one movie that was crazy and threw us all for a loop. It's called Consinsual. Yes that is not a misspelling.

It was crazy...I advise everyone see it, but be prepared to be thrown for a loop the whole movie. I was very impressed.

During part of the movie my friend's wife was in the bathroom doing her hair. My best friend goes in there not to long after. I thought he had to pee. He ends up closing the door and they spend 30 minutes in the bathroom.

He comes out and he can't even keep a straight face. I don't know if she gave him head, he gave her head or they had full out sex, but we both just chuckled and kept it moving. It was funny....a good funny.

He made me proud on that one...he pulled a me. Reminds me of the time Van and I had sex before a movie. I took him into the bathroom sucked him off real hard and fast, and we went to our movie. LOL...I think that was the day we went to go see The Vow...good movie. :-)

I ended my night at a fundraiser...it was boring as hell. I mean it wasn't my tip of fundraiser, but it is what it is. There were 3 singers there...2 women and 1 guy. The guy was off the chain. I am not going to lie...I was feeling a little bad about him getting so much attention, but I refused to go up there and sing when I was asked.

I didn't want to be there for that. I wanted to just be in the audience.

So tomorrow is another day, and I'll give you guys an update.

J-Bo

No comments:

Post a Comment