Friday, March 15, 2013

Viral Letter of a Dad's Love Letter to His Gay Son

I got turned onto this by one of my friends. It was so simple yet so powerful and beautiful.

I know that this is the kind of thing that makes God smile. This is the kind of thing that Jesus meant when he preached and taught all of his lessons. This was the kind of thing that men, women, and children are dying for today...AGAPE LOVE!!!

Here is the letter in a nutshell and then I am going to give you the link to the website.

------------------------------------------

Nate,

I overheard your conversation with Mike last night about your plans to come out to me. The only thing I need you to plan is to bring home OJ (orange juice) and bread after class. We are out like you now.

I've known you were gay since you were six. I've loved you since you were born.

- Dad

P.S. Your mom and I think that you and Mike make a cute couple.

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/dad-s-love-letter-to-gay-teenage-son-goes-viral-174541783.html
------------------------------------------

I think that is the best thing that I've read or seen in a long time. I've always said parents know their kids, but some choose to see it and some don't but parents know their children. For any parent who says they didn't know about their kids sexuality is a bad parent in my mind. 

Or maybe not. At the very least it speaks to you not being a very present and attentive parent. I mean I know that you have to put food on the table, but if you miss something like that than maybe you should think about your priorities. 

Now I just finished watching Spartacus and I am feeling real good and alive. Thinking about going out tonight. Not that there is anything to do up here really since I don't drink like that...but I am down for some dancing. Lord knows I need to get rid of this excess sexual energy in a healthy way.

J-Bo

P.S. Want to share this with you guys. His music and his arrangements are on point. I LOVE IT!!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment