Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Very interesting day...

So today started out with me getting to work, and getting things in place for tonight. I was going to speak to some leaders in the Catholic Church, Baptist, Methodist, UPCI, SDA, COGIC, and Protestant churches.

I must admit that it was very nerve racking. I only went to listen, and hear what some of these leaders were discussing and talking about. I really didn't think to consider, them giving me the chance to go ahead and speak.

So I talked for a while and told them where I was coming from. Let me tell you they were so nice to me. They listened to me, and just took everything in. Of course I know some were uneasy, and they waited for a chance for them to speak...how do I know this?? Because when I was done they came at me.

But I kept my cool, and did what I had to do. I stayed strong, positive, and prayed up and I let God speak through me.

Funny enough some of them asked me why did I feel the need to question the churches teachings on this topic? Why do I feel the need to speak to these things? I told them that I had to tell the truth, that by keeping quiet I was risking lives and my own conscience.

They said that I should be led by the Holy Ghost and I shouldn't be doing these things on my own. I said do you think I want to do this?? Do you think I want to be out there, that I want to be seen as progressive, radical, and liberal?!?!?! Contrary to popular belief I want to be one of the people...I don't want to be seen as out there and crazy.

I told them it was the Holy Ghost that told me to dig deeper. It was the Holy Ghost that made me question and look for answers.  They couldn't argue with me, but I could tell they didn't like it.

I told them that I can name 3 people in each denomination that are leaders that don't believe that the God doesn't condone homosexuals.

I named many Priest, Bishops, and other leaders. I got some serious flack from one man who is COGIC, and I had to shut his ass down. I said that the man they appointed...the man whom God has entrusted to lead that church believes in human rights and equality for all. And that he removed a lot of anti-gay rhetoric from the website.

He didn't even know what I was talking about!!!! I just shook my head, cause the man is speaking outta ignorance. Like Van would say he is spreading ignorance.

So I had a good talk, and when I was finished I had to ask them a question. I said for all of them who don't agree with me, despite all my facts I asked them why. I said what about what I said doesn't make sense.

Funny enough I got no answers...they were quiet. So finally after 2 minutes of dead silence, one person said it is the way it has always been. I of course was ready for that. It was nonsense. I cannot believe this is what we have been reduced to.

So of course I left them with Jesus' words and teachings. I left them again with the positive homosexual or as they would be known back then as loving relationships. I spoke about the centurion and his partner, Ruth and Naomi, David and Jonathan, and also Jesus talking about the gays of his time.

Nevertheless all that was great, but the big part of my day that means the most to me was me doing the laundry and my parents surprising me to see how it is that I was the clothes. Smh...it was a hot mess, but it was funny. They said they just wanna do an inspection, and make sure I am still doing a good job.

So of course I had a ball making them do the laundry for me since they were there. I figure why the hell not...you guys are here so you might as well get to work. :-)

With everything I did today it wasn't the big thing of talking to these leaders, and getting the ball going, but it was spending those few minutes with my parents. It was real nice. :-)

J-Bo

P.S. I want to tell Van about my day, but I don't think he would like it too much. So I will give him what he wants to hear...about the laundry and good times we all had. If he ask which I doubt he will I will tell him more. God is so good...I am alive right now.

P.P.S. Another thing that was weird to me was when I asked again why do they feel I am wrong if they do believe that only 3 of the 15 answered, and they said because it is. They said all the things in the bible that have been explained and not followed are ok because they don't fit our lives today. So I brought that back to them, and they said there is no reason to apply it to this. I was shocked, and I brought up a number of things that could apply to today with no problem...they just shook their heads. I swear I am not going to quit. I can and will help all those like me, Van, the boys, and others. You can tell how something is by it's fruit, and I am sorry to say that the fruit of the traditional teachings have bore nothing but suicide, drugs, killings, being kicked out, excommunicated, and more. I am sorry, but that is against Jesus...against God. I will not be denied. :-D

P.P.P.S. Tomorrow I spend all day at school until I tutor my kids, and then the next day my BFAs are singing some Folk music, and I have to be a part of it. I have to show my support. I wish you guys could come, but I guess not. I wonder if Van is going to come. I do want to see him tomorrow and just laugh and chill with him, but we will see. Also if he is feeling funny and weird for no reason I will tell him I am going to the BFA Folk Song Recital so he can not go if he is going to do what he needs to do. But then again he probably doesn't even know...and he has always tried to act like the BFAs don't mean a lot to him and they are just w/e. That man makes me so damn angry sometimes. :-)

P.P.P.P.S. I think he really sees me as too progressive and too radical and too liberal. I don't really care because of what people like me are doing there will be the next generation and future ones that can walk hand and hand together with more freedoms and rights. The times are changing and God is revealing more to us...I can't be bothered if people are concerned that the boat is being rocked. But I will not tell him anymore of my talks and excursions. He really doesn't want to know about them. I don't think he wants to see me succeed in this area...I think he kinda wants me to fail. I know that is bad, but it does line up. Oh well...I have had haters and detractors before. I keep on keeping on. So from this day forward if he doesn't ask I won't tell...and he won't ask. I'll answer his questions to the degree of that he asks me. He is good for vague non direct questions, so I will give him those answers. I'll go back to answering people literally and only giving more when asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment