Monday, October 8, 2012

Getting better as a musician...and as a person

So one of my friends from college called me last night asking me to come in and play piano for her burlesque show. They are doing Rocky Horror Show and it was fun. They aren't very organized or professional, but it was still ok.

That was real nice b/c my parents totally came after me today. They wanted me to move some boxes, but I wasn't doing it the way they wanted. It wasn't perfectly done and didn't meet the standards they have.

So because I was not doing it the way it "should've" been done I was called idiot, stupid, disappointment, and my favorite worthless. So of course that hurt a lot, but what can I do about that...I guess that is how they see me. :-)

So the piano gig was a lot of fun and took my mind off of things.

But another thing to hold onto that was great was church yesterday. I mean I shouted, spoke in tounges, and just had a great time. CHURCH WAS ON FIRE!!!!!!! :-D

That and my boys and I went to eat afterwards and had real good deep conversations on life, love, God, politics, and more. Then two came to my house and got some more free food from my mom. Nothing like that good West Indian cooking. :-)

So I am still on those highs...despite I am this embarrassment and disappointment to my family. I wonder if everyone feels this way about me...that I am this person to walk over and less than. Smh...

I almost forgot...I called Van today just to talk and see what he was up to.

He was busy doing whatever he fills his days with. I asked him how his day was and his weekend. Of course he made fun of me for asking questions. I think that it really pisses him off when I ask him questions and when I talk to him.

He just sounded like he did not want to be bothered with me. Not sure what that was about. If I was to ask him he may deny it, but he doesn't know what his words sound like. I tell him he comes across that way sometimes, but he doesn't see it so he doesn't believe it.

Anyway I was really thinking how could I talk to people and not be so inquisitive, but honestly that is how we all talk. When he wants to know more about my life or what is going on with someone he ask questions that gets him the answer.

So since if he is talking to his mother, father, grandmother, aunts, uncles, siblings, whoever they are going to ask questions. Life is a series of questions and answers...at the most boiled down basic level that is what it is. If you are not telling someone to do something, then you are asking questions.

It is a fact of life now that I think about. Everything we do gets us to ask and answer questions and engage in a dialogue of some type. I can only think that he doesn't want to talk to me, cause whoever he talks to is going to ask him questions and be "inquisitive."

Something must be wrong and bad about how I do it...so I got to keep my mouth shut. No hard feelings...I will always be the man I am no matter what. :-)

Changed my mind. There is nothing wrong with asking questions...we all do it. Even his dumb ass. That was easy to deal with. :-D

So now I have to get some work done. I need to do what I need to do. Despite everything from my parents, and everything I still give God praise through it all. I am looking to take over the world...no time like the present. :-P

J-Bo

No comments:

Post a Comment