Monday, February 4, 2013

BFA REUNIONI!!!!

So today was an interesting day. I messed up in one way, but that was my fault and I own that.

So I got to see most of the BFA clique today and we played music and we sang liked the old times.

We riffed, harmonized, and just laughed. We also listened to other singers and went in for no reason. It was really good...I miss times like that...it actually wore me out.

Then the Director (if you were part of the group you would know who that is) is now MARRIED!!!!!

She talked to all of us, and it was so nice. I cannot believe she got married, and we all wish the best for the Director.

So that was on that front. The bad thing that happened was that I had my voice student today. It was good, and I had some people in the room with me. Everything turned out ok, but her energy and her demenor just sucks to be honest.

So I walk her down stairs and she sends me a text saying she is upset that we did the same exercises today that we did last time and she feels she isn't learning anything. WTF?!?!?!?!?!

I was shocked and had to share that with everyone of the BFAs and voice majors in the area. Who in their right mind takes a voice lesson and expects to be a totally different singer when they do nothing that you worked with them on at home.

So I had to tell her that there are going to be exercises that she is going to be doing for her whole life over and over again, because the exercises are the foundation of what singers do, and they help with getting the technique.

She also said she wasn't happy that other people were in the room. I said why didn't you say that to me. I woulda asked them to leave. She was stuck. I swear I never knew how great it is to work with actual singers. CRAZY!!!! Then this girl sends me 2 songs that she wants to work on, and I take the time to learn them by ear (I have it down perfectly too...with only 30 mins on it...my ear is getting way ahead).

She doesn't even know the songs...I kinda hope she doesn't come back so I can focus on real singers, and those who know that singing is a life long pursuit. Not 2 lessons and you are a pro. Where did she even get that shit from. Smh.

But the highlight was singing and playing with the BFA family, and talking to the director. Then I spoke to my main girl and told her I wanna get a tattoo and she said she is down cause she wants to get some she has redone and modified. Now I just have to decide what the hell to get...I got time.

Night for now people...I am TIRED!!!!

God bless and much love.

J-Bo

No comments:

Post a Comment