Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunday's Best

So the kids are finally gone and I do miss them, but it is so good to be home alone and have some peace and quiet.

The highlight of my night is watching Sunday's Best. It was a 2 hour season premiere.

Just about everyone who didn't make it failed because they couldn't sing a melody straight to save their life. Made me think of an argument with Van. It feels so good to be vindicated.

The ones who did make it and did riff too much made it because they kept the integrity of the melody intact and their riffs were on point and had a good beginning to end. But even those who I felt did that didn't make it cause again you take away from the song if you do too much.

It doesn't matter if you sing the whole song and all your tricks are connected and on point...SING THE FUCKING MELODY!!!!!

The other side who didn't make it, just couldn't sing at all. Like not even a little bit.

Now I am watching Kevin Hart's comedy special CRYING!!!! No matter how many times I see this it still has me on the floor.

Time for bed...big long day tomorrow and I wanna be out before anyone wakes up.

J-Bo

No comments:

Post a Comment