Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Fatherless Sons

So I had a conversation with my friends and it was on being a fatherless son.

Of course I couldn't really speak on much except very little.

I have my father and I've always had male father figures in my life. From grandfathers, uncles, cousins, mentors, and teachers. I have been very blessed in my life.

One of the key things that I've learned is that being an absentee father is more than just not being there...you can actually be in your son's life all day everyday and still be emotionally, and mentally distant.

My father is so the opposite of that.

He is still ready to have a convo all day everyday.

I am sure that things were different when I was younger, but now we kinda have a good relationship, but it is more like two tigers occupying the same space.

I know that I have to move out and go do me, so that we can have a more decent relationship. Seeing each other all the time, and him refusing to treat me a certain way isn't going to help anyone at all. So I know when that happens things will work out for the best.

I am so lucky to have parents, immediate family, extended family, and friends who love and support me for who I am. God has blessed me abundantly and I wasn't given these gifts to take them for granted.

Time for bed....big day tomorrow and I have no time to waste. I cannot wait to wake up. :-)

J-Bo

P.S. While I was with my friends Van's name kept coming up. Nothing bad...just asking me about lessons that I've learned and if I ever think about or miss him.

I do think about him from time to time. Things pop up that make me think about him. And do I miss him?? I miss the friendship and the connection we had. I don't miss the romantic relationship cause with it came too much drama.

What to do about it?? Nothing. It ain't about me. My friend asked me if I am moving on...I said I've already moved on. I don't want back with a bad situation. The man who caused the relationship to split or should I say the behaviors that caused the split won't be tolerated by anyone with commonsense and I am a commonsense man.

Another one asked me if he was in trouble or if he reached out to me would I be there. I said of course. How can I call myself a follower of Christ and treat anyone like that...especially someone that I still consider one of the closest people in my life. I cannot say the same for him, but that is why I am one of a kind. ;-)

P.P.S. Going hard for mine. Just going out and failing on a daily basis...it is scary, but I am making moves and learning a lot. Gotta keep the momentum going!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment