Saturday, July 13, 2013

Not Guilty

So the man who killed Trayvon Martin (he doesn't warrant his name being said) has gone free.

I had to admit from bits and pieces that I saw of the trial on TV and talking to my lawyer friends I did see this coming, but I held out hope nontheless.

This is a sad day, and proves that we have so far to go. We cannot let this be our story...not even a little.

I am so scared for my people...my country...my home.

If it ain't one thing then it is another.

It seems like we take one step forward and then 2 steps back.

God please heal the hearts and minds of your people. Make us whole and continue to strive for balance and peace within you.

With that I head off to bed. I am going to take tomorrow to pray and meditate. To get myself more centered. This week is a big week for me so I cannot allow anything to hold me back. I walk with Trayvon on my heart.

I do the things that he know cannot, and stand on his shoulders and take him with me wherever I go.

J-Bo

P.S. Tomorrow is going to be the last day for this blog. Time for a new beginning...time for a new chapter. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment