Wednesday, December 26, 2012

God showed me something...

So I was sitting here reading, and really getting into a great book. It was a book that has been changing my life. I won't get into what the book is...just yet that is.

While reading this book God revealed something to me that was so powerful. I want to premise this that I wasn't thinking about relationships or love or anything like that. I was thinking about my business life, and what I have been doing, and what I need to be doing.

So it was about leaders and supporters. It was about one not being more important than the other, and both of them as ideal and necessary.

Immediately I asked God what kind of man or woman (I know, I know, but lemme do what I do please) should be in my life as my partner...my ideal mate.

Immediately it was shown to me that I am a leader. I am someone that walks into a room and commands attention, and can withstand the weight and multitude of issues that comes with being a leader and in the front lines.

What I need is someone who is the great supporter. I know that cause no great man or woman could do what they do without a strong supporter behind them. And by supporter I mean the men and women who help change the world.

I believe that is something that I had with Van.

Now this is not to say that all people will be one way all the time. Even though I was more of a natural leader and out there, Van was also a leader in things, and I gladly lent my support. It made it easier to do things knowing he was there.

Every leader needs a supporter, and there are supporters who rock and change the world.

there are supporters who spend their time on their knees and change countries. 1/2 the time they are behind the scenes on their face talking to God. They are the big old pillars that you just don't see, but if they were removed, everything would fall apart.

I have to give myself to be a leader cause of the responsibility and weight that it carries, but I talk with God all day that he help me realize his calling on my life.

Whatever role you play love that role and run with it. The one thing that Van and I made a mistake with in the beginning as trying to change each other into who we thought the other should be. I wanted him to be more like me, and he wanted me to be more like him.

It was until we just had a friendship that we learned to let each other be who we are. I am suppose to be crazy, gregarious, out-going, and adventerous. He is meant to be who he is. Now that doesn't mean that we cannot change and grow, but that comes from working on ourselves...not working on the other person.

I am very radical in my spiritual beliefs, and he was very conservative. I wanted the ability to have the whole world, and share it with him...he wanted his little slice and set up shop and kids. We both were talking the same thing, just different ways of going about it.

I bring this up not because I miss Van, which I must be honest and say that I do and he crosses my mind at times more than other times, but I because some of you are living your lives based on the rules of others.

Don't let someone else decide how you should be, who you should be, and everything else. Don't let them dictate your story, and tell you what is best for you. No one can do that.

I strive everyday to strip away my heritage, culture, race, and more, and just get down to the meat of me. I don't want to be influenced by anything, and just go on as God would have me. Not an easy thing cause my heritage is so intertwined with who I am, but it isn't impossible.

I decided a long time ago to decide who and how I was going to live and become the man that I want to become because God has said so. It isn't easy...I am the man who has been called to be one of the few who goes out and is meant to change the world. I need strong supporters behind me cause I cannot do it alone.

I just cannot do it by myself.

Pray for me as I pray for all of you.

J-Bo

P.S. D and A are doing great in their relationship. I think they are finally starting to get it. I just wish them the best, and I am a little mad cause it isn't me, but I know God will work it out. He sent me someone as awesome, great, and valuable as Van so he can do that and more for me again. I just thank God for Van and all he has taught me. AWESOME GOD I SERVE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment